Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Homegrown programs


Homegrown programs
Originally uploaded by shinyu32.

Kort and I designed the programs for the wedding using Photoshop Illustrator and thru the great vendor connections thru my ad agency job which scored us gorgeous papers which would have cost us a fortune. We duplicated the basic format from Chris Rizzo's poem pamphlet of Geof Huth's poem - it is a 4 fold brochure, with vellum cover over a metallic paper. Inside the program, we explained the various symbols used throughout our ceremony - the cranes, kata scarves, mantras, flowers, etc. The image coming thru the cover is a painting of the Taos Ski Valley. The programs were hung on rope strung from 2 pine trees near the entrance of the meadow - guests were invited to take a program before entering the space.

1 comment:

Geofhuth said...

Great idea, and very beautiful.

Strangely, my blog-reading service hasn't been picking up pings from your blog, so I haven't read it in a long while! (I just checked the inactive blogs on my list tonight!)

Congratulations on the wedding. It looked fine indeed.

Geof