This is a call for submissions from Eric Mader in Taipei. Eric is the author of A Taipei Mutt - a very savvy writer and fellow. Here is the call:
Idiotic Story Contest
This is an idiotic story contest. The rules for entering the contest are as follows:
1) Your story must be in English.
2) Your story must contain no more than 350 words.
3) Your story must be idiotic, to the point that the reader nearly winces at the tale's stupidity.
I would love to get stories written by actual idiots. This, let it be said, is my ideal. I'm certain however to get mainly stories of feigned idiocy, which I also will accept. Given the length of the tales I'm looking for here, it is in some sense a matter of what is called "Postcard Fiction" or "Postcard Stories." And since many of the best postcard stories already have a certain idiocy to them, I'm hoping to hear from some of the usual practitioners.
When I've received one hundred stories that I've judged to be idiotic enough to actually enter the contest, the contest will be over and I will take suggestions for methods of choosing winners. If methods are not forthcoming from contestants, I'll just have to pick some of the idiots I know to help judge the tales.
Finally I would hope to publish an anthology. A tentative title might Cretinous Tales. Any of you morons have a better idea?
So send me a tale or two yourself and forward this URL to any writers (or idiots) you know. Those who enter the contest recognize that if their stories are accepted they will be put directly on this web page. Writers retain the copyright to their work, but I will make the tales available online at least until the contest is closed and the anthology is pending.
Sincerely,
Eric Mader
No comments:
Post a Comment