
I had a great time at the Vancouver reading on Thursday night. Thank you to my old classmate Christopher Luna for hosting at Cover to Cover, and to my co-readers and friends Marcus Mennes and John Chinworth. Above is the collage flyer that Christopher put together for our Naropa alumni reunion. We were apparently the last generation of students to be educated at the Institute, before it became a 4-year university and eliminated the SWP tent. Many friends and memories were invoked. I read my "Instant Karma" poem about a dream of Chogyam Trungpa and my days working fundraising parties for the development team. In his introduction of my work, Chris referred to me as a "lifer." I'm proud of Chris for building a community of poets, readers and listeners - Vancouver is lucky to have him. Godspeed to little Angelo.

Christopher opening the reading.

John reading from Wrongevity. The poems were a much bigger hit then when he read them for a Redmond audience at SoulFood Books.

Marcus being aware of the camera.

Before Marcus' reading.