Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Leaving Seattle

Taking down the prayer flags at 6321 Roosevelt Way NE
Kort and I packed up and left Seattle last Tuesday. One of the last things that we did was to take the Tibetan prayer flags down from the back porch.

Untangling windchimes
And to take down the windchimes that made music outside our bathroom window.

Puget Sound, WA
We spent our last night in Seattle at Carol and Geo's. I insisted that we leave the blind up, so that every time I woke up in the middle of the night, I could look out onto the Puget Sound and let the beauty fill me. I am sad to leave Seattle. This is no small transition.

Moab, Utah
We drove through Washington, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas, covering 12 hours of driving a day. The first night we stayed in Ogden, Utah, a town west of Moab. We found decent sushi in the town square. Visited Zenshin and JB in ABQ, had one night in Dallas, and then headed here to Austin, where we are until we move into rental housing on Thursday.

No comments: