Tomorrow is "Sprockets" day at the newspaper offices. Everyone who works in the basement (production, graphic arts, advertising, and copywriting) has been asked to wear black from head to toe as the office opens its doors to a few VIP guests who will tour our working "galleries."
"Sprockets" was a great skit on SNL during the Mike Myers' era of the show - he played a German intellectual named Dieter with a live pet monkey. Everybody wore black, looked sallow, and acted insufferably pretentious. It was fabulous.
After the work day tomorrow, I have to go to an alumni reception for SAIC at the Dallas Contemporary. I will be outfitted from head to toe in black. Perhaps I should pack a change of clothing. I am not not completely looking forward to the event, but I can think of at least a few locals that I would like to avoid who will no doubt show up to check out the scene and scorn the local competition.
No comments:
Post a Comment