Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The community

A few weeks ago, I got together with a friend and Naropa alum, Karen X for dinner at our favorite vegetarian restaurant, Kalachandji's (the Hare Krishna palace). We went out with two young women, close in age to me, one is a first-class hairdresser and the other is a high school art teacher. We all have in common Karen X and the yoga studio which we go to in Lakewood. That and Sarah cuts our hair and makes us look like sexy goddesses. Karen and Kristin had both done the Total Life Cleanse which Kort and I will be embarking on on June 24. Sarah has been adopting some of the lifestyle changes from the cleanse, though she hasn't actually done the TLC. So we toasted to Swedish bitters, which tasted like mild black licorice.

I looked in my refrigerator last weekend and saw nothing but wheat products. Three loaves of different kinds of bread - olive, rosemary and cinnamon from Kalachandji's. I am glad that we will be giving up wheat..and dairy...and processed foods.

No comments: