Sunday, August 13, 2006

Elimination and discovery

Going thru old notebooks and samizdat publications collected over the years and throwing out anything I do not feel connected to.

In an old notebook from Naropa, I find two interesting notes scrawled in the margins of my Literary Journal class:

"When I got to Boulder, I said to myself, this is not a fuck-town." - Rachel Levitsky

and from my yoga class with Ravi Dykema, my own musings -

"How can yoga be good for your skin if you're putting your face down on a dirty floor mat? Won't that clog your pores?

I added to the list of "things I want to attract" - building an earthship home with Kort in Costa Rica and running a retreat center for the healing and creative arts in San Jose while living as close to the land as possible. How much poetry remains a part of my long-term future remains to be seen.

No comments: