Friday, August 18, 2006

Ganzfeld


Ganzfeld
Originally uploaded by shinyu32.

Kort had a Core Fusion (blend of ballet, stretching and yoga) class last night at the new spa, so I took a trip downtown to visit the DMA and the Tuttle retrospective. After finishing there, went to the Trammell Crowe Museum to see Japanese woodblock prints and then wandered across the street to the Nasher Garden. All Museums are free on Thursday nights! I hadn't been to the Nasher in some time - I've never been crazy about the way that the art is laid out in the galleries or in the garden. But tucked in the back of the garden is a James Turrell skyspace. You enter thru two sets of double doors into a concrete space with benches that looks up into the sky. Yesterday, viewing conditions were ideal. Streaky white clouds and birds flying overhead. It's the quietest place in the garden and a nice place to retreat to stare up at the sky.

No comments: