Saturday, June 14, 2008

My acupuncturist (the practitioner I see that I'm not married to) asked me to keep a 7-day food diary this week which I have been having a lot of conflicted feelings about. Our dietary habits reveal a lot about our addictions, our relation to the sensual, cultural information, and personal choices. Eating is an intimate act. My acu guy is also a personal trainer and former marathon runner, and perhaps on one level I fear that I may be in for a tongue lashing, or at the very least some sort of behavioral/dietary intervention. At the same time, the things that I have eaten in the last two days have been hardly typical of a normal week - I'm done with school, went to a party, have been somewhat indulgent. I'd never in my life eaten a bratwurst and/or sauerkraut until we drove out to Leavenworth yesterday. I try to refrain from dairy... but...

Here's a running list so far:

Thursday, 6/11 (dinner only)
-lasagna with ricotta cheese and marinara sauce
-3-berry pie with scoop of Earl Grey sorbet
-spinach salad with strawberries
-mini-sandwich with mozzarella, basil and tomato
-mini-spinakopita (dairy)
-1 glass white wine
-a few sips of a champagne cocktail with blood-orange infused vodka

Friday, 6/12
-1/2 ginger/currant scone
-1/2 cup organic apple juice
-10 dried cherries
-curry bratwurst on a roll w/ chipotle mustard, relish, & sauerkraut cooked in apple cider
-5 pieces of Turkish locum
-handful of blue corn chips
-bara-chirashi (raw salmon, tuna and whitefish with shitaki mushroom and egg omelette)
-2 scoops of green tea ice cream
-1 cup of green tea
- 5-6 glasses of water
- herbal supplements from SIOM x 2

Saturday, 6/13
- 1/2 brown rice cake with almond butter and 1/4 of a banana
- 1/2 cup organic apple juice

- chickpea salad/cucumber salad
- basmati rice
- ground lamb
- three small pieces of butter chicken
- aloo mutter (potato, green pea, onion)
- one fried small potato cake w/ mint chutney
- small serving roasted broccoli and zucchini
- mango popsicle

- jasmine rice
- homemade chicken curry
(chicken breast, red peppers, carrot, zucchini, potato, pea, parsley, cashew nut)
- 4-5 glass of water
- 1 cup of limeade
- 1 cup of raspberry lemonade
- herbal supplements from SIOM x 2

Sunday, 6/15
- cashew Larrabee bar
- cup of organic apple juice
- basmati rice
- 1 cup of limeade
- egg curry (with hard-boiled egg, chicken, red pepper, carrot, zucchini, potato, pea, parsley, cashew nut)
- 1 plum
- 1 piece of Turkish delight
- 1/2 ginger/currant scone
- mango popsicle
- 4-5 glass of water
- herbal supplements from SIOM x 2

Monday, 6/16
- hard-boiled egg
- 1/2 a blueberry scone
- two slices of cantaloupe
- two strawberries

- rice
- tofu/chicken w/ raspberry
- spinach salad with mango
- 1/2 slice of wheat bread
- lime/tangerine seltzer
- 4-5 glasses of water
- two pieces of Turkish delight
- 1/2 Needle sandwich (focaccia, brie, spinach, tomato, turkey)
- cup of vegetable soup
- mango popsicle
- herbal supplements from SIOM x 2

Tuesday, 6/17
- hard-boiled egg
- piece of toast
- glazed donut
- rice
- chicken w/ raspberry
- raspberry seltzer
- 4-5 glasses of water
- rice crackers
- 1/2 a pistachio Larrabee bar
- sukiyaki don (rice, egg, cabbage, beef, mixed veg)
- veg sushi roll (rice, seaweed, avocado, asparagus, oshinko/daikon pickle)
- miso soup
- salad (lettuce, carrot, purple cabbage, ginger/carrot dressing)

Wednesday, 6/18
- 1/2 ginger/currant scone
- leftover sukiyaki