Reading this afternoon at the Langston Hughes Performing Arts Center at 4:00.
Leaving for Montreal on Thursday for the poetry festival. Reading on Friday night at Concordia, teaching a renga workshop on Saturday and giving a slide show and reading on Sunday.
I don't read or speak a whole lot French and I am wondering if this is going to be a challenge, as in looking at museum and culture websites for things to do in Quebec, I am encountering lots of French. Mais oui.
I'm going to the Association of Americans Museum Conference in Philly at the end of April and may be looking for a couch to sleep on.
Not moving back to Texas anytime soon as there haven't been any bites on jobs. That's okay, because we love Seattle. And New Mexico. And Colorado. And are holding out for one of those.
A museology grad is working with the chop suey project team to develop an exhibition/installation using the oral histories and video footage we are gathering. We've got two potential venues in mind - the 4Culture gallery in Pioneer Square and some other independent gallery that has expressed their interest.
Craig Perez is in town. And I'm looking forward to hearing him read this afternoon from his Tinfish collection. Tomorrow we may try to go to the 1412 reading to hear Brandon Shimoda and Leonard Schwartz.
I don't think I'll be purchasing a digital video camera before heading to Montreal on Thursday, but may look into borrowing one from UW to document the trip.