Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Thomas Coburn, President of Naropa is coming to Boston to meet with Naropa alums in early February. Coburn was inaugurated last year, after John Cobb, a lawyer, stepped down from the position. Coburn's academic and experential preparation make him a unique leader, especially suited for Naropa. I'm excited to meet Dr. Coburn in person and to hear about all the growth and change happening at Naropa and in Boulder. This is the 30th anniversary of Naropa and in the past few years exciting new programs have developed and a BA degree is now even offered. At the time K and I were there, you either had to transfer in, or enter at the graduate level. There are even DORMS now! It is heartening to know that communities exist out there that challenge us to question the basis of our experience and the nature of our very beings. I regard my time in Boulder as the pivotal moment in which I had a first taste of who I am continually becoming. This can not be forgotten, though like all things, it must be let go of.