Having given notice at work yesterday, I am now free to go public.
I leave around December 20 to go here for two months. I had been trying to get into this program for the last three years, and finally, a window. The residency is in the heart of Taipei, at the center of a growing international arts scene. My fellow residents will be art critics, choreographers, installation artists, painters from Australia, Austria, Taiwan and other countries. I will be working on a libretto, a memoir, short stories, and quite possibly, some poems and collage work.
Some upcoming pre-departure appearances in California:
December 10, Riverside Public Library, 3-5 p.m.
December 13, Denise Roberge Gallery, Palm Desert
December 14, Poetry at the Loft, Redlands
December 16, Tebot Bach, Huntington Beach
Hoping to see some good artwork in L.A. during our trip and visit with Michael S who recently located to the West Coast from NY where he is developing Foot Foot - a contemporary performances space in Chinatown.
2 comments:
Wow. Two months! Enjoy!
That's a great oppurtunity. Congratualations.
Post a Comment