Monday, November 14, 2005
Reviewing resumes for my stand-in has been interesting. I forwarded the freelance post to the administrator at school with a special request to forward to faculty and adjuncts. Apparently, she forwarded it to her graduate student list - subsequently, I have received a flood of emails and resumes from candidates who don't have a matching skill set - theater majors, drypoint teachers and one guy who titled the subject of his email to me "proof read help." I am at least somewhat uncomfortable with MY students knowing my plans to vacate and where I work when I'm NOT at the uni, which is frankly, private. I tend to be open, but have realized a strong tendency towards protecting my interests in the last year. But it looks like reliable help is lined up and will work on coordinating a meeting with these folks, administering a proofing test, and commencing with scheduling for those who perform well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment