Saturday, December 20, 2008

Spent my last morning in Port Townsend before K drove in to pick me up before the big blizzard dumps snow on the peninsula. It is another world from Seattle, indeed.

Wildlife sightings: 7 deer, numerous crows, 1 pigeon, several seagulls, 1 starfish
Bug rescues: 2 ladybugs, 3 houseflies

I stayed in SUD cabin 261, great light, a cozy little cottage, much better heated than our house in Seattle.

I can see myself living in few places - a handful of places over the years have called to me - Port Townsend, is definitely one of them.

Reading at Northwinds got cancelled due to inclement weather. A good reason to go back.

Thanks to new friends Mike O'Connor and Ling-hui Liu for the good company during my short stay.

Adamantine is finished. I'm happy with it, and tremendously proud. The minute that all shifted, I relaxed into vacation mode. Scribbled notes for a few prose/family essays, but having finished what I set out to do, I felt at ease finally.

The next two quarters will go quickly and be pretty intense, to finish up in June at UW, in the nick of time.

Onwards!