Friday, July 18, 2003

Had my first psychotherapy appointment on Wed. evening. My therapist's name is Ragan McNealy. Tres Irish. He was a big proponent of "the couch" which I am very much opposed to at least at this stage in the game. Massachusetts has the highest incidence of psychotherapists having sexual relationships with their clients, [YUCK] and there's a certain intimacy that we have with our therapists. As I'm test driving this one out, I'd like to keep the boundaries in place - boundaries after all exist for a reason. He must have brought up the couch at last 4 or 5 times. But it's his style of therapy, and for me, I'm quite happy to look at things dead on. McNealy made many strange noises as I talked and it was hard for me to concentrate at times on what I was talking about. But than I have to look back at all of my initial relationships with my therapists and realize it wasn't always perfect with Korey in the beginning. I hit the jackpot with Korey. Transpersonal Buddhist therapy. Boy, I miss him.