Nice report of Tim Peterson's birthday party/poetry reading on the Buffalo Poetics List and Jack Kimball's Pantaloons. Sounds like the evening was a smashing success! Happy birthday, Tim.
Friday night, Kort and I were at our friend Terri's dance performance at the Zeitgist. This was more than a dance performance, there was projection with computer generated art and digitally shot video footage and DJs spinning live music. It was all a bit overwhelming, but there is something that really excites me about putting together all these different art forms and going somewhere with that. As Kort and I split for dinner at the Argana down the street, I saw Terri's roommate walking off with a very cute petite blonde girl who looked incredibly familiar. Turns out it was Jessica Bozek, a lovely young woman who was in the very first creative writing workshop I ever took at B.U. in 1996 with Deb Bennett teaching the course. Maybe even quirkier is that a few weeks ago, another friend from that class who I have been out of touch with for years, randomly emailed and I am seeing Jason for shabu shabu late this week. Small world. Years ago, Jason played guitar and sang for a wonderful local band called Bean who I have lost track of. Hopefully they are not defunct as they were putting out some very cool music.