Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of Equivalence! A year ago, I was coming back from watching "Lost in Translation" with the book's cover artist Walker Buckner when Kort called to tell us that UPS had left me a package I had been waiting for. We drove to Watertown and tore open the box triumphantly. Tomorrow I will be in Boston having dinner with Walker again. How things come full circle. I will feel forever grateful to JB and La Alameda. I have no sense how the book has done in terms of book sales and the usual markers of "success", but I can say that I am pleased with the critical response it has received and it will be nice to read from the book again this weekend at the Simmons Conference.

As for 2nd books, I've got 2 finished manuscripts waiting to be produced. Visual/text collaborations with dear friends. I'm excited about the play and intellect of these recent projects, but they mean something very different than Equivalence, which was a labor of love and the coming together of many forces. Whatever does or doesn't get published from here on out, well does or doesn't get published. There are bigger fish than poetry..

Possible on-site reports from the Chinese Poetry Conference upcoming...

No comments: