Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Today I picked up the Observer for the first time in about a month. The news I missed: George Michaels's lover Kenneth Goss opened his gallery in Dallas last month with a show by David LaChappelle. I had to do a doubletake on that one - not Dave Chappelle the comedian, but David LaChappelle, the fashion photographer. George Michaels was apparently spotted at the opening (and mentioned prominently in the gallery's press materials). Wham! was one of the bands that I remember growing up listening to in the 80s - them, Tears For Fears, Simple Minds, Howard Jones, Roxy Music and David Bowie. All the girls had crushes on George Michaels or John or Simon from Duran Duran (mine was on Bowie) and the big hits were "Careless Whispers" and "I'm Your Man." Ah, memories. I seem to be filtering through a lot of them lately...

Top 5 things to do in Costa Rica:
- volcano climbing
- rainforest hiking
- catching some rays
- Pura Vida
- The White Colony