Tuesday, June 14, 2005

With rejection comes acceptance....

1-1 in today's mail. Won't mention the Foundation proposal...but I can say that I will be exhibiting my black and white photographs in a show at the Paterson Museum in New Jersey that will take place in April-May 2006. The exhibition is a group show of writers who are also visual artists and will include work by Allen Ginsberg, Diane DiPrima, and yours truly, curated by Jane Haw in conjunction with the Poetry Center at Passaic County Community. Hopefully there will be a catalog...speaking of which our MAC show will be offering a perfect bound catalog of the first 2 years of artists in the Southside program with an introduction by Dr. Richard Bretell. Cover price for the volume has not been set but if you're interested in reserving a copy, back channel me and I'll see what I can do. Catalogs go on sale the day the show opens on June 25.

It's been a ho hum kind of year in terms of poetry so far and a disproportionate amount of activity in the visual realm. Go with the flow I suppose....