Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My digital camera broke this week. I am hoping this will be a good kick in the pants to go back to shooting film.

There are certain idiosyncratic things that I have a lot of trouble with in yoga. Teachers with imprecise language. "Move the blanket back." Depending on where you are sitting, back and forth can mean two different things. "Towards the wall" would be helpful language. I don't like the yoga teaching assistant for my Wednesday night class. She is humorless and dour in her orthodox perfection. One size does not fit all. Language such as "straighten your legs" doesn't mean much to me. I end up locking my knees. The honeymoon is over. It is good for me to pick yoga teachers that I will inevitably leave.

I went to Ten Pachi and got a haircut. I look a bit like Yu from Arthur and Yu.

The sun is setting by about 8:15 in Seattle. End of summer.

I am behind in my correspondence.