Tuesday, September 07, 2004
I just sold my 10 year old Fender Squire guitar to a woman in a girlpunk band called "The Poundcakes". Sob. I know it will go to a good home where it will be played and treated well, yet a feeling of sadness about letting go of this belonging. I do very much feel that certain objects, particularly musical instruments and cameras must be played or used and not removed from circulation.. so better perhaps that it goes back into the world. I bought that guitar for my 19th birthday at the Guitar Center on Comm Ave in Boston and never learned to play it, and than last year an ex-boyfriend gave me a beautiful red restored Fender made in Mexico "taco-caster" with a note that said, "Here is your next challenge." But there are so many challenges! And here I am almost a year older, 29 on the 28th and we depart for Dallas the day before. Double sigh. Right now, I could stand a few less challenges.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment