Saturday, December 10, 2005
Riverside Public Library: Despite heavy promotion efforts, only two Chinese-Americans came to the reading. My friend Cindy sent several of her lit students from RCC, and poet Judy Kronenfeld from UCR came out – Judy as it turns out, is the mother of one of my old schoolmates. When we were growing up, I had no idea that her mom was a published poet/scholar. I had been warned that there might be children in the audience or adolescents, but we got mostly adults and seniors which was a least a little bit of a frustration, as I had seriously toned the presentation down to be kid-friendly, cutting most of my recent material. Still, Kathryn M did a fine job with getting a sizeable audience together and also put together a small reception with persimmons, sesame balls, and Oreos. Not sure how the Oreos went with the Asian theme, but a nice lo-cal option She printed out digital pix of my work from the website and posted the images around the room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment