On etiquette - usually I handle the "when are you getting married question" a bit more spaciously depending on who and where's it coming from, but when recently asked by someone I know not at all in a very public setting surrounded by people who semi-know me, I very much wanted to redirect and say (but did not) - "so now that you've finally bought property when do you plan on squeezing out some babies?" GRRRR!!!!
I find the marriage/commitment question a very intimate and private one but will say publicly, i.e. on this blog, that while I believe in marriage as much more than an institution and cultural/social phenomena (i.e. romance and LOVE), I don't believe in it as the end all, be all that it may be for some people, i.e. people of my parents' culture or generation. Love matters, but perhaps in the end a commitment to spiritual actualization, being here, and enlightened society are the priority. If you are with your dharmic partner with whom to walk the path - what difference does marriage make? Process is everything. I would rather see through the veil, than wear, or be blinded by the stupid thing.