Friday, December 02, 2005

There has been a lot of nice feedback on the new website. I worked very closely with a local Dallas-based web designer on creating the site, on the architecture, design motifs and layout. We copied the layout for the publications section from Oliver de La Paz's site, arranging the journals in a gallery style presentation giving a sense of the funk and aesthetics of small press publications. Ultimately, my hope is that we can find a way to host videos on the site and put up the Hedwig Dances collab that premiered in Chicago in November 2004, as well as video interviews I've done with New Hampshire Public Television and with Greg Metz's Art Admin class from UTD which curated our UTD show this past summer. There are many many negatives and photos I need to scan and upload to the gallery section - photos from Taiwan, photos from night shoots, and from Marfa. This will probably be a long-term goal as the next 3 months are completely tied up. At my students' reading on Tuesday, an audience member asked me about my work and Equivalence, where to get it, etc. Rather than getting into the whole history of my poetics and the evolution of my aesthetics and current body of work, it was really nice to just say "here's my web address."

1 comment:

Lee Herrick said...

I love the new site, Shin Yu. I posted a link to it. Merry Christmas to you.